Tuesday, September 16, 2008

party? what party?

















Monday we had playgroup at our house.  I was excited to have it because it was so close to Abby's birthday.  Bo and I had said we were not going to have an "official" party for her first birthday, but I had to do something to celebrate!   We had a good turn out and I think everyone had a great time.  The weather was perfect, so we headed to the park across the street and just enjoyed being outside!   We ate lunch and for dessert we had cupcakes and candy for the kids and Sprinkles cupcakes for the adults to celebrate the birthday girl!   I am not sure she had a clue that this was a little different than any other playgroup, but when we sang Happy Birthday to her, she just had a precious smile on her face.  She loved all the attention!  Thanks, special friends, for celebrating with us.  It was a fun, crazy day!!


7 comments:

Katie said...

Looks fun! Wish I could have been there!! Happy Birthday, Abby!

Meredith said...

We had such a great time and I think Abby enjoyed having all the attention on HER!!! :) What a cute, precious birthday princess! Thanks for having us over and letting us help celebrate!

Robinson Family said...

What?! A year already?! I think the non-party party with the playgroup was a PERFECT way to go. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Kelli said...

Happy (almost) birthday, Abby!! What a fun day for a precious girl. Hope you guys are doing well.

Mer said...

Happy birthday baby girl!!!! You are one...oh what fun! Have fun on your trip tomorrow:) See you soon!

Jen said...

You did a great job with her little party! We had lots of fun celebrating with you. Happy 1st birthday, Princess Abigail!

Jenni said...

I can't believe she is already 1!She is so cute! We miss you!