Friday, September 5, 2008

early birthday


Anyone who really knows us is well aware that as soon as we get a gift for someone - they get it. We have great intentions of waiting until the actual day to give the gift, but we never wait.  Never.  So....why should Abby wait?  Her first birthday is the 18th, so last Monday when Bo was off work, we went to order Abby a chair.  We wanted to make sure it got here in time.


That was, I mean IS,  the only gift we are giving her.  Right.

Well, it came today and I couldn't wait to put it together and let her sit in it.  She was thrilled and excited and sat there all of 5 seconds, but I just know she really loves it.  

Also, my mom and sister sent their gifts in the mail.  I opened them and she loves them too! She got a baby doll from my mom and some precious clothes from my sister.  So....really it's like her birthday is today!  But, it's really not for a while....oh well.  Maybe I will have to find her some more gifts so she can actually open something on her real birthday.....

5 comments:

Katie said...

Pitiful...just pitiful! You know you can't do this with Santa, RIGHT!?

I love the chair though!!

Liz Goodman said...

What a big girl! I LOVE the chair! Don't worry - I am sure my gift will be late, so if you split the difference between your gift and mine, then it will fall right on her birthday! Besides, her real gift it a trip to the Ryder Cup right?!

Robinson Family said...

Kids love these chairs! You are making feel like giving Riley one now...and it's not even his birthday! Christmas?

Ashley said...

You are hilarious. My mom can't wait to give the girls gifts ever either...but I am a stickler for the rules. Surprising, I know. I love her chair- that's what Anna Cate is getting for Christmas :-) Abby will LOVE it soon...you need a comfy spot for pinky dinky doo!

Dunhams said...

That's hilarious! I think she LOVES her chair :) Madeline happens to be getting that exact same chair in lavender polka dots...great gift idea!! Happy early bday, Abby!