Wednesday, September 24, 2008

my big girl



Today Abby had her ONE year check-up!  All went well.  She is eating real food now (not many different things, but she is eating) and she is drinking whole milk.  Such a big girl!  She weighs 19.11 pounds and is 31 inches long.  That puts her at 25% weight and 95% height.  She is my long, tall Texan.  She has a few words she repeats often: da-da, go-go, no and Coke.   She can't walk alone yet, but she loves to walk around holding on to your fingers.  She still takes 2 short naps a day, but sleeps 12-13 hours at night.  I LOVE that!  She loves her baby dolls, but her most favorite thing of ALL is her bumpers!!!  She also barks at all animals....even birds.   


It's been a fast year.  I know everyone says that and if it you had asked me last December if it would be a fast year, I would have laughed (really cried) at you.   Even though it was a rough start, I wouldn't trade Abigail for the world.  I wouldn't know what to do without her.  She is precious to Bo and me.   She has made us stronger people and made us love and appreciate each other more.  I love my little family and wouldn't trade it for anything...even a perfect baby!

Abigail Elizabeth - We love you so much.  We will always be here for you.  You will always be our #1 daughter.   You are precious.  I thank the Lord for you every single day.


4 comments:

Jen said...

It is easy to see how true your words are just by watching you and Abby together. You both just delight in each other and bring each other such joy! Your bond is so sweet and special to watch. And it is plain to see how much Abby adores her Daddy. From her sly little grin when you ask her to say, "Ma ma" and she replies, "Da Da," to the way her eyes light up when she sees Daddy is home from work! You are a precious little family and we love you!

Dunhams said...

Happy Birthday, big girl! That was such a sweet post to read.

Robinson Family said...

Your idea to take Abby's picture with her puppy dog each month to show her growth was brilliant by the way! It really is astounding how fast that first year flies by...and it doesn't slow down afterward either You are such a great mommy, Mandy! Congrats on your first year. I'm glad I could be a part of it many many miles away.

Mer said...

Abby I love your hat!!!!! You are a long tall Texan. We can't wait to see you next weekend. Glad you had a very happy birthday. You are such a lucky girl...you just don't know it yet...but you will some day:)