Monday, November 7, 2011

Vegas baby


the Wizard of Oz machines


the biggest donut I had ever seen


The Bain girls took a quick weekend trip to Las Vegas to celebrate my MIL's bday.  She had never been before and Lacy came up with the idea to surprise her with a trip there.  We arrived on Friday afternoon and saw The Jersey Boys that night.  Saturday, we shopped and walked around seeing the strip and sights in Vegas.  We went to the Garth Brooks concert that night.  I did not know what to expect, but it was amazing.  It was an intimate setting and he came out in jeans and a baseball cap with just his guitar.  He told his story of the music that inspired him as he grew up.  It was just great.

We didn't do too much gambling, but I did win $55 on the Razorback win against South Carolina.  I bet $50 and got $55 back.  FUN!!!  It was a fun weekend with the girls and I think Mimi enjoyed Vegas!

4 comments:

Mer said...

Glad you had fun!!!!

The Rohman Family said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Sounds like fun!

Liz Goodman said...

Loved every minute! So glad we could do it together!!

Leslie said...

I would have loved to have seen Garth. Not the biggest fan but I've heard from so many people how awesome he is in vegas!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
P.S. You look so stinkin skinny!!!