Monday, April 14, 2008

welcome to the blogging world!


Why I started this blog - I guess I have stalked blogs long enough.  I love to read my friend's blogs. I also read my friend's friend's blogs.  When you are a stay at home mom, it's like getting the mail every day...so exciting and sometimes the highlight.  I had started this a while ago, but never did anything with it.  A friend of mine was over here today and helped me put this one together.  We will see how it all goes!

Back to the beginningSo...those of you who know me know that I have a 7 month old daughter named Abigail.  She is precious to me, but I can't say that I enjoyed her first 4 months on this earth.  They say if it won't kill you it will only make you stronger.  They also say you will forget all of this.  People who say that never had a child with colic.  Abby had a horrible time with colic and reflux. HORRIBLE.  Many nights I looked at my husband as we were both walking around the house with a screaming baby wondering what the heck we had done!  It was terrible.  Praise God for precious family members who dropped everything and came to help us.  Praise God for precious friends who supported us and loved us through it all.  And, praise God that those 4 months are over and we have a much happier, sweet, healthy baby girl!
So here goes - This blog is really more for special memories and for Abby.  I hope that one day she will read this and smile knowing how much she is loved and adored!  Your mom and dad love you Cheeks!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

YEA! I'm the first person to comment on your blog! It's great!

Dunhams said...

Yay, Mandy! I'm so excited that you're on here now...and very impressed at how quickly you've become a pro!

Kelli said...

Very excited you started a blog! I love staying caught up with our Texas friends...even if it is via the web. Abby is PRECIOUS!! Someday we will be back to meet her in person.

Glad things are better!

Regan said...

Welcome to the virtual neighborhood! Stop by to borrow a cup of sugar anytime :)

Lovin' the pink!

Regan